HOW TO PROMOTE YOUR BLOGPOSTS | 4 BLOGGER TIPS

Starting up your own blog is not always easy, I know all about it. It can be very frustrating when you’re putting a lot of work and effort into your blog to create beautiful content and you’re views on your blogposts are still very low. This is why it’s really important to promote your blogposts, so it will have a bigger audience. You have to stimulate this a little so it makes it easier for people to find your blogposts and read them. I think this is something a lot of bloggers forget when they just start out, but it actually is very logical. If you don’t promote your blogposts, not a lot of people will find it. Over the last few months I’ve tried several ways of promoting my blogposts, and I will share with you the 4 steps that helped me the most in this process.

1. Use social media

This might seem like an obvious one, but it is a really effective way to promote your blogposts. Personally I mostly use Instagram to promote my blog, for example by announcing new blogposts in my story or in the caption below a photo. I also use Pinterest, as I think this is a really effective platform for bloggers too. Make sure to put a link to your blog in the bio of all your social media accounts so people can find it easily. So in general, I’d say, focus more on the visual platforms to promote your blogposts. Another great tool is Bloglovin. I personally think every blogger should have a Bloglovin account, because it’s not a lot of work to keep up with but it definitely helps with finding other bloggers in your niche and spreading your own content.

2. Share your blogger photos

I always try to share the photos I use in my blogposts on social media. For example, I post one of the photos on my Instagram with a caption that says something about the particular blogposts the photo belongs to. This can lead traffic from your Instagram to your blog. The same goes for Pinterest. On Pinterest I share all the photos that I’ve uploaded on my blog. Again a great way to lead traffic to your blog, because when people click on the photo they will immediately go to my blog.

3. Grow you email list

This tip has really helped me with gaining more views on my blog. What I personally do is I interact with other bloggers on the WordPress platform. So I like, comment or follow their blog. This way, these bloggers get a notification of this interaction and chances are big they will have a look on your blog or even start following your blog. And when someone starts following you on WordPress, they will get an automatic e-mail every time you post a new blogpost, which again will lead to more views.

4. Be active

I already mentioned it shortly in the last tip, but it’s so important to be as active as possible on all the platforms your using. Take some time out of your day to like, comment and follow on your Instagram, Bloglovin, Pinterest or whatever else you personally use. This really helps with getting your name out there and there will always be people who like, comment or follow back. Besides that, it’s also a great way to have interaction with your followers and build some sort of connection with them.

I hope this was helpful for all you bloggers out there who just started their journey or even for those who have had a blog for years and can use this as some new inspiration!

Do you have any tips for promoting your blogposts?

Kirsten x

23 Comments

• KirstenHartman
      September 15, 2017 / 10:03 am

Ahh thanks so much! I hope they are helpful for you! xx

• KirstenHartman
      September 15, 2017 / 10:03 am

I’m glad it’s helpful! You’re welcome! xx

1. September 15, 2017 / 12:27 pm

These were really great tips, thank you!

I started at the beginning of this year and I am still struggling to increase engagement. I just started the Pinterest advice and hopefully that will help attract people to my site.

• KirstenHartman
      September 15, 2017 / 6:42 pm

I’m glad they are helpful! I’m sure Pinterest will help you, even if it’s just a little. It definitely can be difficult at times but you need to just keep going and keep working hard and it will pay off for sure! xx

• KirstenHartman
      September 15, 2017 / 6:43 pm

You’re welcome! I’m glad you like them! xx

2. September 16, 2017 / 9:08 am

Thanks for the tips! Good to know that I am on top of it. I just started a month ago and immediatly started with promoting and try to do this everyday.

On Facebook I have the least engagement with people. There is just No response but I will continue to spread my blogpost in the groups there haha.

• KirstenHartman
      September 16, 2017 / 12:22 pm

That’s so great! It’s quite a lot of work to do this everyday but I think it’s really effective!

Facebook indeed is the hardest platform to get engagement from, but joining Facebook groups and sharing your content there is definitely a good way to promote your blogposts too! xx

3. September 16, 2017 / 2:51 pm

Great tips!!!! Definitely gonna out these to use!

4. September 17, 2017 / 3:20 pm

Useful tips! They definetly help!
    Coco| pjsandstuff.wordpress.com

• KirstenHartman
      September 25, 2017 / 7:17 am

I’m glad you like them, hopefully they are useful for you! xx

5. Tiffany Wright
    September 28, 2017 / 6:48 am

Thank you for being kind enough to provide this advice. I’m a baby blogger and I can already how much effort one needs to put in to get a good following.
    Also this is just my personal preference, but this is what I do to get #3:
    For every like or commenter on my blog, I like and/or follow back the person who did that. It helps me balance the time I spend between my blogger life and my own life. What do you think? ^_^
    Thanks for liking my blog by the way!
    Tiffany xx

• KirstenHartman
      September 30, 2017 / 9:02 am

You’re so welcome, I’m always down for supporting other in this community! And I think the strategy you’re using is great! It’s also one of the things I do to promote my blog xx

6. October 3, 2017 / 12:08 am

I’m here because you used #3, so it works : )

7. October 12, 2017 / 6:13 pm

Thanks for the tips! When I started I used to engage more but I got busy with my day job, etc. I am definitely going to try and make it a habit again 🙂

8. Daralynn
    October 18, 2017 / 12:39 pm

I’m here because of #3. I love you Blog! It’s clean and well planned. I ned to do more cross promoting from my instagram , pinterest ( I neglect) and my Youtube channel. It is overwhelming . You’re doing a great job!

9. October 25, 2017 / 6:26 am

Great tips Kirsten. I’ll try these tips specially Bloglovin.

10. Meera
    November 14, 2017 / 6:21 pm

These are great! I only just started my blog so this is so helpful! You look lovely btw x

LoneTeenTraveller | Travel Fashion Lifestyle